Saturday, March 05, 2005

Girls Part I

Girls...so many songs (and albums) have been written by frustrated males on the subject. Among them: Blue Skies, Broken Hearts by the Ataris is a good summnation of my feelings at the moment, mainly because certian songs are about the frustrating part of not getting the girl, rather than just breakup songs. Since I don't have any songwriting tools (or the lack of self-conciousness) at hand, writing a few entries about the subject will have to suffice. Of course, the last thing that music needs is more Carraba-esque girl songs anyway, so God may be sparing the world a favor by limiting my "talent" in this area.

I've come to a young, yet transitional point in my life where I have realized that girls have become such a frustrating subject, an incomprehensible consternation filled subject that my mindset towards the female sex is quickly becoming sharply more masogyinistic (anti-female). This frigtens me, one, because I am not gay, and two, because I'm called to love people, including girls, even the girls that treat me like I'm worthless, won't give me the time of day, think I'm not good enough for them, etc...at least this is the perception that I have of the perception that girls in general have towards me. The problem, while this may not be true, I have yet to see any hard evidence that it is not.

I'm sure the problem ultimately is my fault...due to my personal inadaquacies, failings, weaknesses in my spiritual life...but then of course I often see people with the same failings have success with girls and wonder why I can't have the same.

1 comment:

Sean Raybuck said...

Jordan, I feel ya man. Girls can be a complicated subject, but I want you to know that the problem is never out there. The problem is the way you see the problem.

Even if that truly is the way girls act towards you(which i really don't think it is), what matters is how you respond. You can't change how other people think, but you can change you think. How you look at the problem.

The AAA has a wise saying, "you have to change yourself, before you can ever try to change others" or something very close to that. Put the responsibility on yourself to change how you look at girls, rather than letting girls shape you.

Laters, well talk more about this soon