Monday, February 28, 2005

Great Oden's Raven! (Weird Week Pt. 2)

Wed...normal day, again. I was pretty tired but otherwise nothing unusual...actually, being tired isin't unusual either. I went to class, worked the crew for the "Bobcat Beat" newscast at Texas State (which went off smoothly even though it was our first time)...went to 242 Group...then it got a little weird. Mike and I went back to Austin right afterward (instead of the usual trip to Commons for dinner) to meet our friend Sarah and a friend of hers. We got some food and went to Mozart's, expecting to meet up with Mike Hagen, Stephanie Jiminez and some random people. I called Mike about 8:30, he said he was on his way he just had to walk to his car. I called him back at 8:45...he hadn't found his car...again at 9:00...still no car...15 minutes later he called and said he was pretty sure it had been stolen. And it was...freakin stolen, right off of the UT campus. I was pretty mad about it, and so was Mike of course. Freakin crap, that was his car...no car I knew could be more identified with it's owner than Mike's SI. Oh well, it's gone and his insurance is going to take care if it, but it's still a definite bummer.

We still got to hang out because Mike wanted to. We went downtown but decided to go back to near UT and we ended up chilling with at the Spider House (a coffee shop near the Drag) for a long time. It was Mike H, Mike C., Stephanie J., this girl Candace and a couple of her friends (they're from A&M). I had a lot of fun at the expense of their school and in Mike's words "stole the show" with my wacky attention grabbing antics. Yeah, I was full of crap but had them all laughing. I was also really tired but aside from that, the car theft thing, and the sheer weirdness, it was an allright night.

Thursday was weird because I worked, instead of going to CRU, which is what I usually do, that threw my entire time frame off.

Friday I watched Dan Reiter, Matt Luna, and J.P. plunge into the San Marcos River in 45 degree weather while riding an H.E.B. shopping cart. Safe to say, that was weird.

- Jordan

No comments: