Friday, February 11, 2005

Big Trucks Pt. 2

Following my last post I got an e-mail from a good friend of mine named Dan Bakken. He brought up a very interesting and valid point, some people buy large vehicles for safety reasons.

My answer is that is a reason for buying one...espeically if parent's are buying one of their kid because they want them to have the best chance in an accident. However, I think it is a pretty dangerous trend...what happens when more people start buying hummers, then a Ford Explorer is no longer that safe...vehicles get larger and larger while the people who can only afford to drive small cars (i.e., myself) are put at more and more risk. I wish we could get out of this "bigger is better" mentality, especially in Texas. Oh well.

p.s. I didn't mean to sound as if I was targeting people who drive moderately sized trucks or S.U.V.s...I was mainly talking about huge jacked up trucks, hummers, huge S.U.Vs and the like. So yea, no offense meant to Derek or Sam...you're guys cars (a Jeep and a moderately sized truck) are not the kind of cars I was ranting about. Take it easy,

- Jordan

----

The e-mail:

Good post about the big gas guzzling trucks, just one thought:

What about the folks that buy larger vehicles for safety reasons? A
gigantic SUV or truck has a much better chance of surviving a crash
with an 18 wheeler than a Geo Metro.

Dan

No comments: