Monday, February 07, 2005

Supermix 2K5

I spent some time over the second half of last year, compiling and putting together a cd with my all time favorite songs...limited to one per band so I could represent more of my favorite bands. I did several editions but after a few tries and re-tries I finally settled on a cd that, as of now, best represents my favorite music and contains some songs that really mean alot to me in a lot of ways. If any of you guys want a copy of it I'll be more than happy to burn one for you. It's the best way for me to answer the question "what kind of music do you like?". Also, it is a chance to share a part of my life and I feel that the cd gives a really good sense of who I am and what I'm like. Without further flatulation...here's the tracklist:

---

1. Slick Shoes - For Better, For Worse (2:53)
2. The Get Up Kids - Ten Minutes (3:12)
3. Death Cab for Cutie - We Laugh Indoors (4:58)
4. And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead - Mistakes and Regrets (3:46)
5. RX Bandits - Consequential Apathy (2:36)
6. Less than Jake - All My Best Friends are Metalheads (3:41)
7. The Impossibles - Erin with an "E" (3:27)
8. Thrice - Ultra Blue (3:02)
9. The Mars Volta - Eriatarka (6:20)
10. Modest Mouse - The Stars are Projectors (8:46)
11. The Shins - New Slang (3:51)
12. The New Amsterdams - Every Double Life (2:05)
13. Jimmy Eat World - Ten (3:48)
14. The Weakerthans - Song for an Elk's Lodge Last Call (2:44)
15. Streetlight Manifesto - A Better Place, A Better Time (6:28)
16. The Ataris - In Spite of the World (3:37)
17. At the Drive In - Cosmonaut (3:24)
18. MewithoutYou - January 1979 (3:26)
19. Five Iron Frenzy - Every New Day (4:10)

---

The hardest parts of putting together a cd like this are deciding which song to use (which is hard with some of my favorite bands), deciding what order to put them in, and, hardest of all, cutting some songs from the list in order to fit it all onto one cd.This is still definitely a work in progress, but it's much close to being a finished product than it's ever been. Then again, I don't think I'll ever have a finished product as far as this is concerned. That's what's so great about good music.

- Jordan

No comments: