Sunday, April 17, 2005

Work

I was talking with a former co-worker who just got back from spending a few weeks in a place known as Italy. While catching up with her I mentioned that I was working alot and said "work is a part of my life right now"...to which she replied: "It's probably going to be that way the rest of your life". 'Good point', I thought.

Work is a part of life, a big one...and except for an extremely slim minority of aristocratic history, humans have had to work, alot...often just to survive. In my case, I'm fortunte that work means just paying rent, bills, car expenses, and food...the fortunte part is that none of those things (except for food, which I would still be able to get in some way) directly affect my survival...only less crucial stuff like school and hanging out.

This has been on my mind because I have been working a lot lately. Well, 30 hours a week is a lot when you're in the midst of the most busy part of the college semseter as well. I'm tired, tired of doing things and yet I have to and will always have to. If I don't do things my life will be a waste and that's something I don't ever want to happen.

No comments: