Thursday, December 30, 2004

E-Rock Is Much Cooler Than Cocaine, Kids

Tueday, the highlight of what has been a very good week, brought me to the foot of Enchated Rock with some of my best friends. There at the park were Dan and Matt Kiniry, Abel Ramos, Mike Easley, and none other than Sean Raybuck. Betwen Matt, Sean and myself there was a lot of hair.

I just farted, really loud, I'm at Mozart's typing on my finally completely restored laptop. Oh the joys of being able to use the internet while listening to music, and ripping loud ones for all to hear.

Tuesday began with a knock on the door...my longtime friends Dan Bakken and his brother Chris had arrived at my apartment. I had intended to wake up well before then but my alarm didn't go off for some reason. I showed them my sweet apartment and then we took off to do "Austin stuff". We ate lunch at the Chuy's where, as I pointed out at least eight times, the Bush twins were notoriously arrested a few years ago. I ordered a "big as yo face" burrito only to find that it was actually as big as my face. I was prepared to sue for false advertising but I was forced to keep my army of venemous lawyers at bay because I had no legal case. I saved half of the burrito and had it for lunch today. After Chuy's we drove to Waterloo records. They bought cds and I would have but restrained myself for financial reasons. I convinced Dan to purchase the Photo Album by Death Cab for Cutie...one of my favorite albums of all time (I'm planning to do a post on this subject soon) and he is, as expected, enjoying the album. I took them to Mozart's after that and got them some drinks. We chatted for a while and enjoyed the scenery around the deck...Mozart's is a beautiful place in a beautiful neighborhood in a beautiful city. My co-worker Richard was there and he came over and chatted with us about how everything in the Universe can supposedly be reduced to a mathmatical equation. He's an interesting guy but he's cool and Austin of full of interesting people like him which helps make Austin such a cool place. Dan then preformed miracles on my computer back at my apartment then they took off for Temple.

I got some gas and took of for San Marcos to pick up Sean. The entire trip turned out to be a very good experence. I just farted again, loudly, that burrito and the taquitos that I got from 7-11 a couple hours ago are really doing a number on my flatuence at the moment. Anyway on the way out to E-rock Sean and I talked about a number of things. I really enjoy the process of getting to know people, it's a process that never really ends in friendships. We covered everything from our respective salvation experences, to his brother's shockingly good music abilities (Sean played his cd in the car), to my thoughts on "Eternal Security" and the "Irresistable Grace" of God. I did a good job of not hitting any of the 9,670,340 deer that we saw along the highway out there. I was wearing my Death Cab shirt when we stopped at a convenence store in Fredericksburg. When I was checking out this dude said "I like your shirt". I wasn't really prepared for this because I usually get these comments in San Marcos or Austin and not in out of the way places like Fredericksburg. He owns more than one of their albums, a feat for anyone, and then mentioned that he likes the Get Up Kids. I was pretty happy as always to run into someone who listens to the same music that I do. Anyway I chatted with the dude for a couple minutes then we took of for the rock. It was well after sunset when we go to the camp (the drive out there was absoultely breathtaking when the sun was setting). Dan, Matt, Abel and Mike E. were there and for the rest of the night it was really good times. Those guys are halarious, my friends are a really unique and awesome group of people. We went up on the rock that night and I had yet another experence up there at night yet again. I'm definitely going back up there at night some time...it's an awesome place to just think and meditate on a lot of things.
Unfortunetly I had to leave the next day to go to work but before we (Sean and I) left all of his hiked out to this place called Buzzard's Roost. It didn't look like much from a distance but I was glad we climbed up there the view was fantastic...it's a very cool place. We all had a good conversation up there and I really regretted having to leave the place.

So much happened and it was such a positive experence but for the sake of brevity I'll save further comment on the trip for other posts.

- Jordan

No comments: